Today’s guest is Maya Corbic.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
Maya is the creator behind @TEACH.KIDS.MONEY on Instagram. Her mission is to help parents raise financially independent adults. Over the last decade, she has run a variety of programs that include Millionaire Mindset workshops along with Kids’ investment clubs. She is also a Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada (shout out to my fellow CPA). And she has recently published a kids investing book entitled “From Piggy Banks to Stocks: The Ultimate Guide for a Young Investor” that launched in November 2023. Maya is also the mother of two kids.
- Follow Maya Corbic on Instagram
- Purchase her book | Amazon
- Join Wealthy Kids Investment Club | Website
Support our Show Sponsor
- Why Maya decided now was the right time to write a book for kids on investing
- The beauty of compounding and how kids can use the luxury of time to their advantage
- Investing myths
- The most important message for kids about investing
- Options that kids have to invest in and how it depends on your risk profile
- How to take advantage of the lazy way of investing
- Debunking the jargon of investing
- Investing goals we should be teaching our kids, both short and long term
- Tips that parents can use to set kids up for financial success
- Age appropriate activities you can do with your kids to teach and encourage them to invest
- How should we install the right money mindset in our kids from an early age
- How we should be aware of our money mindset and ensuring we don’t pass on our mindset to them, if it doesn’t serve them
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Maya for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on the last episode “Episode 050: Close the Financial Literacy Gap between Knowledge and Behaviour with Brian Page”!