Today’s guest is John Crane.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
John is the author of “The One-Number Budget: Why Traditional Budgets Fail and What to Do About It”, a book that offers a fresh approach to budgeting that makes it easier to plan and achieve your financial goals. John is also the Founder and CEO of the financial services firm Crane Financial, which provides financial guidance for families of business professionals, executives and physicians. John lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife, Linda, and their daughter, Emma.
- Connect with John on LinkedIn | Website
- Work with John at Crane Financial | Website
- Purchase John’s book on Amazon
- John’s journey of what led him to get into the financial services space
- What inspired John to write this book
- How cashflow management is the #1 determinant of long term financial success or failure
- Why traditional budgets fail and why
- The simplicity behind the concept of The One-Number budget
- How parents can use the One-Number budget concept to help their kids learn to put aside money for their future self
- The common mindset of families who are successful in ensuring their children are developing the right financial skills around money
- The college conversation you need to prepare for in advance
- What is the greatest gift we can give our kids
- What Financial Vampires are and how to avoid them, including the car dealership
- How consumer debt gives us the illusion of choice
- What lifetime cashflow management is and why it is important for people to think about this
- The 4% rule
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to John for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on the last episode “Episode 046: The Myth of the Silver Spoon: Navigating Family Wealth with Kristin Keffeler”!