Today’s guest is Kristin Keffeler.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
Kristin is the Chief Learning Officer for Johnson Financial Group as well as the Founder and Principal for Illumination360. She is an advisor and certified professional coach, working over the last 16+ yrs with enterprising families, families of wealth, and rising generation family members. She is also the author of her recently published book, The Myth of the Silver Spoon: Navigating Family Wealth & Creating an Impactful Life. She lives in Boulder County, Colorado.
- Connect with Kristin on LinkedIn | Website
- Founder and Principal of Illumination 360 | Website
- Purchase Kristin’s book on Amazon
- Kristin’s experiences as the daughter of wealth-creating parents, including her story of receiving a new sports car as a gift from her father, and the confusing feelings she began to experience
- Who her book is written for
- The hidden biases around wealth and money
- The 4 common hidden tripwires that can really get in the way of people growing up in affluent families
- The 4 types of inner and outer clutter that inhibits the ability of the rising generation to grow (money, identity, relationship, contribution)
- Most effective ways to clear away clutter in our lives, including the inner work that must be done
- Actionable strategies in bringing awareness to clearing away clutter, most specifically money clutter
- When wealth can turn from being a benefit to a detriment in our children’s lives
- How parents can build valuable character traits in their children and develop their skills around grit and growth mindset
- How to parent based on values and based on a family culture parents are trying to create
- Tangible and actionable tips that parents can integrate into their interactions with their kids to develop those traits
- Why celebrating the journey and effort from your kids is important, rather than results
- The Light Between Oceans
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Kristin for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 045: Preparing Next Gen to be Stewards of Wealth and Gen-X Challenges with Will Hoffman”!