Today’s guest is Jay Gabrani.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
In 2005, Jay jumped into the world of real estate investing after the birth of his first child. He went on to build a multiple 7-figure real estate portfolio. That same portfolio helped him take a multi-year sabbatical to deal with heartbreaking personal tragedy when his wife passed away in 2014. While raising his three children and coaching entrepreneurs, Jay used real estate as a way to secure his family’s financial future. He is also an entrepreneur, having started and ran several businesses since he was 25 years old. He founded “Prepared Fathers” in 2019, a company whose mission is to financially empower 1 million fathers to secure their family’s financial future by providing useful tips and strategies on mindset, investing, and focus. Jay is based in Oakville, Ontario.
- Connect with Jay on Prepared Fathers | Website
- Get the checklist – Financial Skills to Teach Teenagers | Website
- Enrol your teen in the Teen Finance Accelerator program
- Why Jay always wanted to be an entrepreneur
- Jay’s exposure to money, finances and entrepreneurship growing up
- His ups and downs while investing in real estate and his motivation for building the portfolio
- His experience with raising joint venture money
- Key lessons he learned along the way
- How Jay dealt with the sudden passing of his wife
- The inspiration behind starting the Prepared Fathers business
- Things fathers (and parents) should be doing to secure their family’s financial future
- Key money skills we should be teaching our children
- How to help your teens become financially responsible adults, even when you don’t feel you are up to teaching them
- Think and Grow Rich
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Jay for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 043: Go Big to Give Big: The Giving Mindset to Teach our Kids with Randy Molland”!