Today’s guest is Melanie Robinson.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
Melanie is a certified Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) with decades of experience in executive coaching. She has been training, coaching and consulting professionals, helping them develop the skills and the mindset needed to achieve breakthrough performance since 2000. She is also an experienced Real Estate Investor, purchasing her first investment property in 2016, and now has over 25 properties and 90 doors in her portfolio. She co-founded Irvine Ventures, which partners with people who want to get into real estate investing but dont have the time, knowledge or expertise to do it. Melanie is passionate about supporting real estate investors by offering mindset coaching programs. Melanie and her husband Jason are based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
- The evolution of Melanie’s mindset around money
- What having a positive healthy mindset really means
- The importance of examining ourselves internally in how we think and speak about money, instead of focusing on what we are externally teaching our kids about money
- The best thing we can do as parents is be aligned to live the life we want to live and show our kids what is possible, rather than telling them it is possible
- Strategies on how we can develop or shift our mindset about money
- The importance of finding examples of people doing the things you do not believe are possible in shattering limiting beliefs
- How surrounding yourself with other people looking to grow as well as accountability partners can elevate your mindset
- How people do not understand the true impact of their thoughts and how it translates to the external world and what you achieve and the messages we are sending to our children
- Strategies on how to choose your state and taking charge of everyday interactions
- What we can do to better regulate our emotions around money
- How we rob ourselves of present day energy by worrying about future-based events about money that have not happened and what we should do instead
- How we rob ourselves of present day energy by dwelling on past-based events as well
- The importance of strengthening our brain and thinking habits, as well as paying attention to how we are feeling
- What the main limiting beliefs around money are
- How to unlearn these limiting beliefs and install more empowering beliefs instead
- What motivated Melanie to build her real estate portfolio
- Who, not how, by Dan Sullivan
- Untamed, by Glennon Doyle
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Melanie for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 039: Raising Financially Savvy Kids and Reaching FI with Lacey Filipich”!
Leave a Reply