Today’s guest is Lacey Filipich.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
- What Lacey’s childhood was like as it related to money and finances, and her late mother Fran was such a key influence
- The day thirty years ago that she started saving half of every dollar that she earned
- What gave Lacey the courage and conviction to purchase her first real estate property at 19 years old
- Advice she would give to parents on learning about money
- The importance of allowing your kids to make mistakes
- Why it is so crucial that kids learn about money and why we, as parents, should be teaching them
- The importance of feeling comfortable talking about money at home
- How studies have shown that financial stress lowers your IQ by 13 points, leading to poorer decisions
- Strategies parents can implement to teach kids how to manage money
- Strategies parents can implement to teach kids how to grow wealth
- Why the best thing we can get our kids to do is start thinking entrepreneurial about earning money
- The importance of getting your kids to practice their negotiation skills
- Providing opportunities to loan your kids money to make larger purchases, instead of giving it to them
- The importance of allowing your children to take part in a variety of different experiences, e.g. Australian stock exchange, virtual monopoly
- What inspired her to create Maker Kids Club and how learning enterprise skills can result in getting full-time work 17 months faster
- The one thing that Lacey would highly encourage kids between 10-12 years old to do
- Money School, the book – inspired what is the concept ,why it is so important and how do we get there?
- How to achieve financial independence and be Time Rich
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Discworld by Terry Pratchett
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
- Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
- If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
- Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
- Thanks to Lacey for joining me this week!
- In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 038: Teach Your Kids How to Sell with Andy Seth”!
Leave a Reply