Today’s guest is Monica Scudieri.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
Monica has an incredible story as she went through a divorce and went from being in six-figure debt as a single parent, all the way to financial independence in 10 years. She went through financial hardships in life, shown incredible resilience and has been able to turn her life around. She is the author of the book “Grab Your Slice of Financial Independence” that was released in September, that outlines her journey from financial devastation to reaching financial independence. She is also the mother to two kids and lives in North Carolina.
- Connect with Monica at | Grab Your Slice Website | The Piece of the Pie Website | Instagram
- Purchase Grab Your Slice of Financial Independence | Purchase
- Monica’s early childhood experiences with money and her parents influence on her
- How she ended up taking on $257,000 in debt after the divorce
- The struggles as a single mom, with two young children and being unemployed
- The creative ways Monica found in making money to survive
- How she was able to survive those first five years post-divorce
- How she was able to use a home equity line of credit to buy rental properties and use real estate as her path toward financial independence
- The importance of having conversations about money with her kids and communication of values and needs vs. Wants
- The challenges of co-parenting the kids with her ex-husband
- Her rule and attitudes toward speaking out about the other parent with the kids
- How being a child of divorce can influence your money mindset
- What inspired her to write her book, Grab Your Slice of Financial Independence
- Key messages Monica wants readers to take away from the book
- The Automatic Wealth by Michael Masterson
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Monica for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 034: Helping Our kids be the Boss of their Financial Future with Jamie Bosse”!