Today’s guest is David Delisle, entrepreneur and author of the graphic novel, The Golden Quest.
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
David is an Amazon bestselling author, entrepreneur and real estate investor with a background as a financial advisor and marketing director. Most importantly, he is a dad. He has been investing since he was 11-years-old and is passionate about passing on the lessons he’s learned, which he does through his graphic novel, The Golden Quest. It teaches kids (and adults) how to live a rich life and create the freedom for what is most important to them…the Awesome Stuff. David is a contributor to Entrepreneur, Thrive Global, The Good Men Project and a millionaire mentor for Money Club, and resides in Victoria, BC.
- What David’s childhood was like as it related to money and finances
- Why it’s important to normalize conversations about money with our kids
- Why being an entrepreneur is not as easy or glamourous as it may seem
- What inspired David to write his graphic novel, The Golden Quest and the main ideas behind the book
- The importance of having our children develop good financial habits and how it can help avoid a lot of the noise and shiny object syndrome that is out there
- The importance of helping your children understand what is important to them to get to their “Why”
- The one question that you can ask to help your kids pause and reflect and be mindful of their spending choices
- The importance of installing the habit of saving to make it happen automatically in the background
- The four golden rules of money
- What parents should be doing to help teach their kids the best way to invest
- The importance of installing the habit of investing
- What actions parents take to get more comfortable talking and learning about money when they are not experts themselves
- How once we let go of the notion that we need to be experts, can remove the barrier and intimidation around money
- The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to David for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 029: House Hacking Your Kids to Financial Freedom through Garden Suites with Andy Tran”!