Today’s guest is Clifton Corbin, the author of “Your Kids, Their Money”, focused on providing parents with the skills and tools to teach financial literacy to their children
- Click above or listen to the episode on your favourite podcast platform here (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, Overcast, Castbox, etc)
Clifton was a business consultant with over two decades of experience when he left the office to become a full-time stay-at-home dad. During this time, he authored his first book, “Your Kids, Their Money”, focused on providing parents with the skills and tools to teach financial literacy to their children. Clifton graduated from Niagara University with a master’s degree in business administration. He has spent years studying finance and is a passionate advocate for advancing the financial literacy of children and young adults. He lives with his family in Toronto.
- Clifton’s exposure to money and finance growing up
- His mistakes in university running up credit card debt and going through a debt spiral
- Important money lessons and the mindset that Clifton learned from his parents, and how he instills those lessons in his own children
- What inspired Clifton to write his book “Your Kids, Their Money” to help parents avoid the pitfalls he went through
- Strategies that parents of little children can use to teach their kids about money in a fun and enjoyable way
- The importance of giving your children the opportunity to practice good money habits
- The benefits of using storytelling to teach money and financial education lessons
- How making early financial mistakes can actually benefit your child
- The unconventional strategy of lending money to his kids
- The do’s and don’ts of using an allowance as a tool of parents to help kids practice good money habits
- The most important thing that parents must remember to do, in combination with the practice they give their kids
- The best ways that we can teach our kids about earning money
- The importance of exposing our kids to all the different ways people create income
- Episode 025: Teach Your Kids the Importance of Multiple Income Streams with Maya Corbic from Dinarii Financial Education
- Sapien by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you or share with a friend
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Clifton for joining me this week!
In case you missed it, make sure to catch up on last week’s episode “Episode 027: Secrets to Hiring Your Kids the Tax-Smart Way so they Earn Income with Cherry Chan”!