Today’s guest is Hasina Lookman. On today’s show, I have a really interesting conversation with Hasina, who is dedicated towards empowering women & kids with financial literacy, investing and entrepreneurship skills through her company ExplorerHop.
After 25 years of managing large scale financial projects with the United Nations, international banks, and federal & provincial governments, Hasina left the corporate world to dedicate herself towards empowering women & kids with financial literacy and entrepreneurship skills. Hasina founded ExplorerHop in 2017, which offers a variety of online programs and award-winning camps to a global audience. These programs teach kids and youth about Investing, Personal Finance, Entrepreneurship, Math and more. Hasina is also the mother of 2 kids.
- Hasina’s childhood experiences in relation to money and why she left the corporate world
- Gender differences in financial knowledge between young women and men, and why young women are behind in that knowledge
- Why young girls are trained early on to not take risks when investing
- How parents can empower young girls through normalizing discussions around money
- The benefits of putting kids in control of their finances and how to do it
- The benefits of introducing a child to how investing works and
- Why we have to meet kids in their world to help them become financially savvy and the role gamification plays
- Games for young kids on balancing between wealth, health and happiness
- Games for older kids involving investing and trading stocks, cryptocurrency, mutual funds and foreign exchange
- How living overseas shaped Hasina’s worldview and why globally our education systems have dropped the ball on teaching kids about money
- Trends across cultures who set their kids up better financially
- Why an understanding of economics and global economies will help kids learn about investing and how the easiest way to explain these concepts to kids is have them play a virtual stock market game
- The biggest change kids display after they go through her programs
- How kids get involved with Global Investment Challenges and skills they learn
- ExplorerHop | website to sign up for global competitions and self-learning portal. **** Click here to access special promo code for MoneyDad Podcast listeners OR USE DISCOUNT CODE “MONEYDAD25” at checkout to get $25 off any program you sign up for (minimum spend $125) *****
- ExplorerHop | instagram
- Marie Kondo’s book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
- Follow and tag moneydadpodcast on Instagram to comment on topics and ideas discussed during the episode that resonated with you
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed the episode, please share it on Instagram.
Like this show? Please leave a review on Apple or Podchaser – even one sentence helps! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each one of them. Post a screenshot of you listening in Instagram and tag me so I can thank you personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic updates. I’ll be dropping a new episode every TUESDAY!
Thanks to Hasina for joining me this week!
Make sure to also listen to “Episode 001: Welcome to the MoneyDad Podcast!” as well as “Episode 003: Teach your kids to be money-smart for life with Robin Taub”!